School is starting this week for many kids and I am not one of the parents who is jumping up and down and planning a cocktail party with friends as soon as the bus pulls away, because:
- I actually enjoy being with my kids. (Yes, I do. They are pretty interesting and really good people)
- I have worked all summer so I didn’t get to be with them day-in/day-out. And when they are in school I’m still at work, so…
- Making school lunches IS THE WORST.
- Homework/school projects ARE THE WORST.
- The scheduling of carpooling/sports/activities/school functions is an art I am still mastering.
But I am thankful that they have great schools to attend with wonderful teachers who will stimulate their minds and friends to socialize with once again. So to drown out my sorrows I hope to pick up one of these this week: