I haven’t participated in a Top Ten Tuesday for several weeks and wasn’t going to do this one but it gave me pause to see which authors I read the most from.
After looking through my book lists I found several patterns:
- I never really stuck with one or two authors. I still don’t. Well I did as a kid, see Judy Blume.
- I’m all over the place with authors lately but in my late 20s early 30s I was mostly into Chick Lit/Women’s Lit (have we found a better category for these books?!)
- I tried YA a few years back but only really found one or two authors I liked and will return to.
- Romance has been rare hits and many misses for me, except for a few tried and true authors.
- Most of the repeat authors I read from are women.
- Series books don’t come into play much because I have so many other great books I want to read.
- I read a lot of short stories…so do those count? I guess that would be an entirely different list.
In alphabetical order:
Jane Austen (6) ALL need a reread.
Elizabeth Berg (5) Comfort in a book.
Judy Blume (10+) If you add the Fudge series.
Gillian Flynn (3) She only has 3 but oh do I love them all especially Dark Places. Anyone see that yet?
Kristin Hannah (4) This year’s The Nightingale made me fall in love with her writing all over again.
Kristan Higgins (10!) Her romance books always put me in a good mood.
Jojo Moyes (4) Historical Fiction and Contemporary tear jerkers.
Rainbow Rowell (4) One of the only YA/Adult authors I’ve stuck with.
J.K. Rowling (7…do series count?)
Meg Wolitzer (4) Sigh, love her.