Hype: promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
Well how the heck would I know if a book didn’t live up to the hype if I didn’t read it? So I’m going with books that have been hyped or publicized a lot.Talked about in numerous reading circles and yet I haven’t read them, yet. When I did a search for “most hyped books”, many on the lists were classics and so this list could go on forever. I culled it down to ones that I still might read, save a few. *I still might not read this. **Now spoiled because I saw the movie already.
10. *The DaVinci Code (or any of the series)
9. **The Notebook
8. **Fight Club
7. **The Great Gatsby
6. **The Lord of the Rings (the entire series)
5. *The Lovely Bones (I know the whole story so not sure if I will read it)
3. The Goldfinch (Bought it and yet…)
2.The Book Thief (I know!)
1. The Catcher in the Rye (I really don’t remember if I read this or not)
Which hyped books haven’t you crossed off your list?
Original meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish