The Broke and the Bookish are celebrating five years of doing the Top Ten Tuesday meme. Congrats! I have only been participating since December 2013. So which TTT posts have been my favorite? Here’s a recap:
10. The Romance Novels That I Just Don’t Love Isn’t it fun to break out the snark now and again?
9. I’m Sorry It Didn’t Work Out. No Hard Feelings? This was a freebie week and once again went with some snark but I got to include a Seinfeld clip. Yes!
8. Books to Read If You’r Missing Downton Abbey. I LOVE doing readalikes! It’s one of the best things to do at work, helping someone find another book similar to the one they have a book hangover from. I’m not always good at it but I like to pretend I am.
7. Adapting the Page: Ten Books I’d Love To See As A Movie/TV Series. Another thing that makes me happy is casting books I’ve read and hoping they’ll come to life on the screen. I did this post twice, once in 2013 and this one this year. I also started a feature called Adapting the Page that is so much fun getting to compare books to screen. It’s been while so maybe a movie marathon is in order!
6. Bookish Quotes and a Photo of Colin Firth. Yes, I did it. I created some click bait. But this one serves. And who doesn’t love book quotes? Since I usually put quotes in book reviews I focused this meme on quotes about books and reading. Since I love quotes so much I added yet another feature on the blog pairing literary quotes and scenery called Literary Landscapes.
5. Top Ten Books That “Had” Me From The First Line. There are quotes throughout books and then there are first lines that suck you right in.
4. Revisiting Days Of Youth As A Reader With Judy Blume. Well this couldn’t be more appropriate this week with #BlumeALong. I loved her as a tween/teen and returning to her all these years later is delightful. I am also going to finally pick up Summer Sisters next month.
3. Top Ten New-To-Me Authors in 2014. Maybe I am having a so-so reading year because 2014 was just ridiculously amazing for me. Anyway, so thankful I came across these ten authors last year.
2. “I Want To Go To There!” I have severe wanderlust, so this was a fun list to put together.
1. Books I Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet. This could be each Tuesday’s post. 😉